We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
LuLaRoe has recently started offering training on how to run effective live sales. I decided that if I want to to take my business to the next level that I would need to get my butt there. My business is doing great, don’t get me wrong, but I can always learn more (trust me, I am a learn-it-all. HERE is a blog post I wrote about that…). Now, trust me, you need to bring a notebook with you because you need to write down all of the info. There is so much thrown at you that it’s like trying to drink from a fire hose. Implement new ideas little by little, so you’ll always want your notes to go back to so you can review. So, here it is. These are my greatest takeaways from LuLaRoe’s live sale training.
Communication is VITAL!
Ok, this seems pretty intuitive, right? Well friends, I guarantee that not everyone in your group is seeing everything you post. If they are, send me a message HERE and please teach me your ways! But for real, I know your people aren’t seeing everything. So, how do you increase the chances they will? Be repetitive! You should be posting about a live sale in at least 3 places. AT LEAST! Where are these places? Let me list four that I’m loving!
- Put up a post in your VIP group about 2 hours prior to going live.
- Send a text alert. The timing on this one can vary based on your group. I like to send it 10 minutes prior with a reminder on where I’m going live (group versus business page), but some people have found success with sending the text immediately beforehand with the link to the live in the text. I do plan on trying this method out.
- Use a chat bot, such as ManyChat, to send out a message. You can also include the link to the live. Side note: You can have people select what they would like to be notified about when it comes to sales. If someone is a huge fan of Disney, you can target just those people. Same with albums or live sales. The possibilities are endless!
- I use the banner photo in my group and business page to let people know the schedule. This is more to let my customers know what to expect versus me saying I’ll be live in 10 minutes. This gives a general overview of my plans for the week. I love a schedule, but my life runs in “-ish”. So, work with your strengths and weaknesses. I know I will stick to a loose schedule, but I love to throw in a surprise live just to keep people on their toes.
Once a week is over, I will also send an e-mail with all of the links from all of the weekly lives so they can so in and shop a replay if they would like.
Build a plan.
LuLaRoe as a whole is set up for instant gratification for both the buyer and the seller. However, these live sales aren’t going to be fantastic on day 1. I completed 3 lives while at the training. I sold 19 items the first one, 2 on the second, and 3 on the last. My group wasn’t used to be going live so frequently, so I expected lives #2 and 3 to be less purchasing, but higher engagement. That’s exactly what happened. But I know that each sale would get better and better as my people got used to me being more active. Seriously give going live all of the time 90 days. If you’re not offering your people a chance to shop with you, then they will spend their money in other places. You want to be their first place to shop, right?
A common question is where do you go live? The general consensus is it depends on your individual business. I have a pretty awesome community in my group, so I tend to go live there to give them first crack at new inventory. These ladies (and a few gents) are my ride or dies, so I want to make sure I keep taking care of them. I always encourage new people who join my lives to join my VIP group so they can see all of the new stuff when it comes in.
Tips and tricks for your live sales.
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty of what you want to know now that we’ve built up what do before your live sale and where to have your sale. What are some of the ideas you should be implementing while you’re live?
- Start with your replay watchers in mind. I find it super annoying when someone starts a live and then doesn’t say anything for the first 2 minutes. I know that no one is live with you at that moment, but what about your friends who watch the replay? They will want to know how to claim, how long a video is good for, and where to join your group. This is prime real estate to tackle these questions that people might have when they are joining you later on.
- Once your people start joining you live, get them to engage right away. I sent a code word in my text alerts and told them to come comment it so I could make sure I could see comments. Seeing comments is something I legitimately have issues with, so they know this helps me. It also gets engagement up right away.
- How do I track my sales? I use LOYAL SHOPS. This website has a live assistant that comments back with someone claims something. You can set the code words for claiming.
- Always start your sale with an item that you know will sell. Why? This mentally psychs people out so they get into the mindset that they need to claim right away if they see something they like.
- Are you noticing that comments are hitting a lull? Break out a quick game. “5th person to comment potato will win free shipping!” This will boost commenting, but you’ve got to recreate the conversation. Ask them if they would like to see something different, for example.
- Use just the number to claim so people can’t sit with “SOLD” in the comments. However, if you’re using Loyal Shops, I don’t believe this won’t work. I haven’t figured out how to set up the Live Assistant to pull from just your numbers. If you have an idea, please feel free to send me a message.
Alright friends, I know I just threw a lot at you. Don’t feel like you HAVE to implement everything all at once. Start with just a few things, master them, and then add in the next few. I really do challenge you to go live 4-5 days a week for the next 90 days. This will give you the time to build up a following, really hone in on what you’re doing, and help you figure out if this is the best idea for your business. You can do it!
Not sure what kind of items you need to bring to the training? Don’t worry! I’ve got you covered! HERE is a list of the items I thought were super helpful or that I wish I would have brought with me.
Do you want to join my live sales? HERE is the link to my business page. If I’m not doing my live sales on business page, I’ll be HERE in my VIP Group! Want to chat about live sale training? Feel free to send me a message HERE!