We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
You’ve got these brand new amazing jeans, but you’re probably worried about how to wash them, right? If you’re familiar with LuLaRoe at all, you know that you need to pay attention to the care tags. Thanks to Paul Pyo, the man behind the jeans, I’m here to give you a run-down on how to care for you jeans! So, let’s talk about washing your LLR Denim!
Washing Your LLR Denim
If you just got a pair of the Essential wash, or the darker wash, you will first need to set the dye otherwise you will experience crocking (Crocking is the transfer of dye while wearing or rubbing against something). These jeans have extra indigo, or the dye that makes them dark and gorgeous. So, how do you do this?
- Fill a tub or sink with cold water. Make sure the tub is big enough for your jeans to be fully submerged.
- Add a cup of white vinegar.
- Add 2 tablespoons table salt.
- Turn the jeans inside out.
- Let sit for at least one hour, but the longer the better.
- Remove from the tub or sink and wring out.
- Put into the washer with another 1 cup of vinegar or colorfast detergent.
- Wash on delicate cycle with cold water.
- Either hang dry or tumble dry with no heat. Heat will break down the fabric in the jeans faster.
- Wash alone or with a Color Catcher for the first few washes.
Here is a video on washing your LLR Denim to watch if reading isn’t your jam.
Have other LuLaRoe items that you’re not sure how to wash? Check out THIS POST with my directions on how to wash your new clothes. Always check the hang tag to make sure you’re washing them correctly.